3 DAYS VOLTA REGION EASTER ROAD TOUR 2017
Easter being the second most celebrated holiday around the year, SECURE TRAVEL AND TOURS (ST&T) has decided to take advantage of the season to promote tourism in Ghana. In this tour, participants would be taken to four (4) tourist sites in the Volta Region:
- Amedzofe is the highest settlement in Ghana located north of Ho in the mountainous region of the Ho-West District of Ghana. It is a settlement in the mountains, and can boast of four natural gifts: The Ote falls, Mt. Gemi, the Weather and the Landscape. It has played a role in the nineteenth century Anglo-Ashanti Wars. It is at an altitude of 677 metres, (2,224 feet) above sea level.
- Mount Afadja (popularly called Mountain Afadjato) is the highest mountain in Ghana, at an elevation of 885 metres (2,904 ft) above sea level. The mountain is located in the Agumatsa Range near the villages of Liati Wote and Gbledi, in the Volta Region of Ghana at the border with Togo. \'Afadja\' is the name of the mountain whereas \'to\' in the Ewe dialect means mountain therefore it is called \'Afadjato\' by the indigenes. The correct name would be \'Mount Afadja.\'
Tourists would have the opportunity of climbing to the highest peak in Ghana and also enjoy the panoramic view from the peak.
- Tafi Atome Monkey Sanctuary, home of Mona and Patas monkeys (a sacred grove). It is located in the Volta Region of Ghana. These monkeys are found in a remnant patch of forests, which has survived fire and human disturbance around the village. These monkeys are regarded as gods and as such the natives do not kill them. They are protected by tradition.
- Wli Waterfalls is the highest falls in West Africa cascading over 60 metres down the mountain. It is located in a serene and natural setting of the Volta region of Ghana. It has a lower and an upper fall with water from the lower fall forming a plunge pool below making it ideal for swimming. Wli Waterfalls, offers you a tranquil touch with nature bound to leave a lasting impression on you. It is a natural attraction every tourist would desire to visit.
THE GRAND VENUE:
On the third day which is Easter Monday, the Volta Region Easter Road Tour would be climaxed at the Wli Waterfalls where revelers would have the privilege of swimming in the cool water of the natural pool. Also to be fascinated about is the sight of large colony of bats which can be seen clinging to the cliffs and flying in the sky. Merrymakers would as well watch the various species of birds; the birds are in different shapes, colors and sizes. You will also enjoy their welcoming “chorus”. The Wli Waterfalls becomes home to people of all walks of life enjoying a cornucopia of delicious and diverse food, drink and dance to local music (Borborbor).
Bring along your swimming costume if you wish to swim
- Accommodation (for 2 nights)
- Entrance fees to tourist sites
- Branded Polo Shirt & Cap for the Easter Monday
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Tour Pricing & scheduling:
- Single GHS 1,000 (single occupancy)
- Couple GHS 1,800 (double occupancy)
For registration, please, contact us:
Sefakor House, Adjacent the Dansoman Police Station, Accra
Call us on: +233 (0) 302 309 995 / +233 (0) 204 444 220